This therapeautic body massage is a gentle but firm whole body massage from head to toe using warm medicated oils. Abhyanga massage is a deeply relaxing, rejuvenating experience as well as treatment in certain illness.
Abhyanga has been used to maintain doshic balance, thereby improving sleep, and supporting the overall health and well-being of the body. A regular Abhyanga protects from stress, anxiety, exhaustion and Vata disorder. It nourishes the body, extends the life span, improves the skin texture, improves the vision and provides better physical stability.
Abhyanga treatment is the best way to control and balance Vata in the body. Vata is the predominant entity in the sense of touch and skin is the organ of touch.Benefits of applying oil to the body (Abhyanga):
- Produces softness, strength and color to the body
- Decreases the effects of aging
- Bestows good vision
- Nourishes the body
- Increases longevity
- Benefits sleep patterns
- Benefits skin
- Strengthens the body’s tolerance
- Imparts a firmness to the limbs
- Imparts tone and vigor to the dhatus (tissues) of the body
- Stimulates the internal organs of the body, increasing circulation
- Pacifies Vata and Pitta and Harmonizes Pitta